How to add Facebook Like/Fan Box to Blogger

A Facebook Fan Box or Like Box is a great plugin that allows blog visitors to subscribe to your blog updates via their Facebook accounts, without leaving your blog. Once subscribing (by pressing the like button), visitors will receive your most recent blog updates on their Facebook page. This box also displays faces of the "likers" on your blog. Before creating a fan box, you should already have a Facebook fan page. If you haven't yet created, click here to learn How to Create a Facebook Fan Page.

facebook like box

Create a Facebook Like Box

1. Find out your Facebook fan page URL by visiting your Facebook fan page and copy the URL in the address bar - you can see how your URL should look like in this screenshot:

facebook page address

2. Then visit this page: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box

3. Paste your URL into the Facebook Page URL field, as it is shown below:

create facebook fan box

4. Once you are satisfied with the looks of the Like Box, click on the "Get Code" button

5. You'll be given two codes, titled HTML 5, XFBML and IFRAME. The one we need is the 'iframe' code. Select it and copy the code generated in this box, as it is shown in the example below:

facebook iframe code

Add the Facebook Fan Box to Blogger

6. Log in to your Blogger account, go to 'Layout' > click on the 'Add a Gadget' link

blogger layout, add a gadget

 7. From the pop-up window, scroll down and select the 'HTML/JavaScript' gadget:

html / javascript, blogger gadget

8. Paste the code in the empty HTML box:

javascript html gadget

9. Click Save and you're done.

Comments/disqusion
51 comments

  1. says:

    How To Add A Like Box like Ur I Mean At Right Side Facebook Is Written And When I Click A Like Box Appears How To Do This Plz THell

  2. says:

    Thanks.... it helped me alot
    wwww.nafjan5.blogspot.com

  3. says:

    Thanks! It really helped me! :))

  4. says:

    thanks ...
    was a lot of help..
    netpowerinfo.blogspot.com

  5. says:

    Thanx a lot man!! The article really helped.. Keep up the good work!

  6. says:

    Thanks!!! ^_^

  7. says:

    Actually - FB gives you two halves of a code - you need to c&p both halves of that code into the HTML/Java Box.

  8. says:

    This was the first one that helped me. Thank you so much :D

  9. says:

    thanks it helped a lot..

  10. says:

    THIS IS A GREAT POST... KEEP IT UP..

  11. says:

    Thanks a lot! It works :)

    http://olvidomadrid.blogspot.com

  12. says:

    thanks a lot.. very usefull blog.

  13. says:

    Your post seems good as I have added a like box to my blogger blog. Now I need to remove its border. Can you please help me?

  14. says:

    Thank you. This is the best advice ever! :)

  15. says:

    Thanks for you help.. you really rock...

  16. says:

    thanx...

  17. says:

    oh my gosh, it took me forever to figure this out and finally I came across your blog!!! Thank you so much!! Didn't know I needed to use the iframe!!

  18. says:

    facebook chance her policy not its feature is not working

  19. says:

    Nice Post It's Really Help Full :D
    http://syedather.blogspot.com/

  20. says:

    Thank you so much for this! I put both codes fb gave me into the HTML/Javascript box and it worked!

  21. says:

    Thanks a lot man! The article really helped.. Keep up the good work!

  22. says:

    Great Post, I love to read articles that are informative and actually have good content. Thank you for sharing your experiences and I look forward to reading more.

  23. says:

    really helpful post for beginner ..

  24. says:

    www.tamoorraj.blogspot.com

    Nice <3

  25. says:

    the box seems to go out of my blog page and icant move it towards.when i change the size it becomes too small...can u tell me a standard size which will fit perfectly!thanks!
    https://sarazbeautytonic.blogspot.com

  26. says:

    Hey!Thanq it worked :)
    Do you have a post how to get a comment layout like on your page??

  27. says:

    Thank you so much! Very easy to follow. :)

  28. says:

    Very good post, straightforward and it worked.

  29. says:

    Thank you so much...this one really works.

  30. says:

    I try it again and again but don't show on my blogger site. I use Avast Antivirus and Ad blocker Plus. Help me please.

  31. says:


    really helpful post for beginner ..thanks.

  32. says:

    I was unable to save after the page pop up

  33. says:

    everything here is very easy to follow. love this site

  34. says:

    It worked! Thanks!

  35. says:

    is this possible for this pop up to appear only to those who didn't liked it already, I mean it should check the cookie and see if the visitor has signed in to his fb account and if he already had liked the page then this pop up doesn't show.

  36. says:

    thank you so much.........
    By follow this article i added my fb like page to my blogger.
    thanks

  37. says:

    Tnx, it worked!

  38. says:

    Thanks. I will try it to my blog..www.technology151.club

  39. says:

    thank you!!!!! i tried so many articles on how to do this, yours is the first one that actually WORKED :)

  40. says:

    Finally, thank you! My Like box disappeared and I couldn't get it back!

  41. says:

    Thanks alot......!!!!!!1

  42. says:

    Extremely helpful! Thanks a million!! :)

  43. says:

    Thanks alot sir it works very well...Thank you

  44. says:

    tnx a lot!!

  45. says:

    I learn a lot! Thanks!

  46. says:

    Thanks <3

  47. says:

    thanks u very much sir

  48. says:

    thankssss thankssssss thankssss

  49. says:

    Very nice usefull tool for the blogger. Thanks to the author.

  50. says:

    It didn't work for me. I wonder what do I do wrong? The box doesn't appear on my page.

  51. says:

    I can't make this tip for my blog :(